The Gardens of Remembrance and Renewal on the Elkhart Campus give patients, and their loved ones a comfortable, welcoming place to live every moment to the fullest. The walking paths, sitting areas, water features, benches and other amenities offer a chance to sit quietly, to visit or just enjoy the natural setting.
As part of the initiative to develop the grounds, we have opportunities to remember loved ones by designating outdoor features such as bricks, benches, evergreens and flowering trees in their honor. In addition to memorializing a loved one, your gift also helps us to continue to keep our promise that no one eligible for hospice services will be turned away, regardless of their ability to pay.
To continue to carry on the memories of loved ones, we hold an annual dedication service the first Tuesday of June each year in the gardens.
The tranquil outdoor spaces that surround the building offer patients, families and visitors garden areas, walking paths and places to talk or just sit quietly. They also offer the opportunity to remember a loved one through a named gift for one of the available outdoor areas or features including the memory garden, arbor area, reflecting pool and pond with serenity fountain.
- Outdoor Benches: $1,000 each
- Flowering Trees: $750 each
- Evergreen Trees: $500 each
- 8 x 8 Personalized Brick: $250 per brick
- 4 x 8 Personalized Brick: $125 per brick
While the Elkhart campus building is finished, there are still opportunities available to make a donation in honor of a family member or other loved one. A leaf placard will be placed at the entrance to each named room that will feature the name of the person being honored as well as the donor. Below are the donation/naming options available:
- Patient Wing: $150,000
- Administrative Wing: $100,000
- Patient Rooms (2): $50,000 each
- Elkhart’s CHC Kitchen: $25,000
- Office – CHC Coordinator:$25,000
- Staff Lounge: $25,000
- Office – Medical Director: $15,000
- Office – Patient Care Coordinator: $15,000
- Office – Volunteer Coordinator: $15,000
- Family Counseling Rooms (2): $15,000 each
For more information on these and other naming opportunities, both inside and out, please contact Chris Taelman at firstname.lastname@example.org.